First Night Harrisonburg would love to welcome new community members to our board.
If you are looking for a way to give back to your community, boost your resume, meet new people, and ring in the New Year at the best party in town contact us for more information. Email Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Directors
Special thanks to the Board of Directors who are supporting First Night Harrisonburg by giving of their time and talents to make this year’s event an exciting New Year’s celebration for everyone.
- New Executive Director: Mike Betts
- Retiring Executive Director: Terry Burkhalter
- President: Troy Suter
- Vice President: Ashley Gordon-Becker
- Treasurer: D.D. Dawson
- Secretary: Caroline Shull
- Button/Poster Coordinator: Pam Simmons
- Sponsorship Coordinator: Troy Suter
- Entertainer/Performer Coordinator: Ashley Gordon-Becker
- Venue/Volunteer Coordinator: Lori Schoch
- Downtown Renaissance Rep: Erin Smith
- Explore More Museum Rep: Caroline Shull
- Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator: Rachel Smucker
- Chick-fil-A Rep: Alana Dean
- Local Church Liaison Members: Rick Claybrook & Gig Foster
Meet our new director: MICHAEL JOHN BETTS Mike comes to First Night Harrisonburg with a solid resume’. This is an example of what he brings to the organization:
Background Summary: A marketing, organizational and customer service specialist with diverse experience in event planning, customer loyalty and promotional activities, sales and retention service, product and concept development, and total quality management in the United States and abroad. Mike’s experience includes work with public and private companies, along with various non-profits. He and his family have been living in the Valley since 2011.